Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Freakonomics

We listened to Freakonomics at work today. I thought it was a business book, but it was really about abortion, bagels, gangs, and baby names!

Imagine that.

The bagel man is my new hero. I didn't catch his name, I have to look that up. Essentially he broke out of his cubical prison by selling bagels at companies based on the honor system.

A few years ago we had a candy box that worked the same way at the company where I work and I believe it was taken away due to dishonesty and theft. I also believe at one point there as a soda machine out front and too many people were filling it with trash and it was getting jammed.

Economics seems like it would be something I'd be interested in. I like statistics and trying to find out the logical root cause of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment